That’s all I can say.
Well, except that I really should say that I made this chef hat yesterday for Miss E. I found the tutorial here and thought “hmmm … Christmas gifts?” and then figured I should try one to see how it went.
there is even some room for her head to grow with stretchy binders and buttons
Overall it is fairly simple. I will say that I learned quite a bit during the trial run. Here is what I learned:
“Gathering” the fabric is not my favorite part. I haven’t ever attempted it previously and now I know why … time-consuming and I broke the thread twice.
I would use a thinner binding … you know, if I actually had a color that matched.
I would have used interfacing … you know, if I actually had some. I used adhesive interfacing which I guess technically worked and as a result, I didn’t need to sew the pieces together … just ironed them together.
I need to come up with a better way to attach the binders … I had to do some “hand sewing”. Gasp!
It isn’t perfect, but our littlest chef doesn’t seem to mind.