I attempted to get some pictures of both kids today … you know together. I have yet to attempt this. Considering how much Evelyn loves to poke and prod the poor baby Mathias I have steered clear of the temptation. But today, I tried. I use the term tried when I should just say that I failed. I knew it would be difficult, especially with a very basic camera, poor lighting, and well … Evelyn.
Here are just a couple of the shots that are considered “fair”. I could share some of the not great ones but I have lots of other things I should be doing and remember that I have dial-up … one of the few but proud members of the dial-up club that are left. I don’t know why I say proud because dealing with dial-up on a daily basis mostly irritates and stresses me out. You get just a few shots.
Why was it so difficult to take a few simple pictures? Let me list them for you …
- Evelyn is 16.5 months.
- Mathias is 2.5 months.
- Even though Evelyn won’t keep her hands to herself any other time, today … she didn’t want to touch Mathias.
- Apparently Evelyn was hungry because her hand was in her mouth the majority of the time.
- Evelyn is a mover and a shaker.
- Mathis was too little to do much but look at his feet.
- Evelyn has an obsession with grabbing the camera that she has never once been allowed to play with.
- I was crabby.
- I was tired.
- I am only one person.
Someday though I will have a better camera, older subjects, actually get some sleep, and will have fabulous pictures of my beautiful children. Until then I will cherish these.