I am having a “grateful” night. Have you been blessed with those? They are fantastic. I love them. I would likely have more of them if I chose to look their way.
Amid the chaos that is our little life on the farm, with all the unfinished projects that I often desperately wish were completed, I sit here in awe of all that we have, all that we are gifted with and all that we rarely recognize as a gift.
So that I don’t forget … I am …
- Grateful for that little girl fighting her nights sleep. Her sleepy eyes that tell this Mama that it is only minutes away.
- Grateful for that little boy finally asleep after a silly fly continued to wake him up. The Mama took care of the fly and he hasn’t stirred since.
- Grateful for the stacks of towels freshly washed and dried … even the forever stained kitchen towels that I use for spills.
- Grateful for family and friends that have passed through our less than clean farm-house door this summer, and shared a meal.
- Grateful for a husbands unconditional love.
- Grateful for a garden brimming with produce.
- Grateful for air conditioning on a hot summers day.
- Grateful for pudgy fingers wrapped around mine during a feeding.
- Grateful for the piles of craft supplies that spill from their cupboards because there is simply just too much.
- Grateful for full freezers.
- Grateful for a favorite song on the radio when you have a moment to enjoy it.
- Grateful for tan little feet that stick out of the stroller as we feed chickens and collect the daily mail.
- Grateful for employment.
- Grateful for fun garage sale finds.
- Grateful for building towers with blocks, only to have them tumble-down with the hands of our girl.
- Grateful for sweet babies asleep with their little butts high in the air.
- Grateful for the gift of life … it is truly a beautiful thing.